To REGISTER for this workshop, select the date and location in the box below.
THIS TSA WORKSHOP IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Maintenance staff who would like to learn how to drywall, texture, & make drywall repairs
Improper wall and ceiling repairs and poor texture matches are the most noticeable errors in building maintenance. Participants at this “hands-on” workshop will learn the most common types of wall and ceiling maintenance problems that are encountered in Building Facility Maintenance. Whether you are rehabilitating housing, doing unit turnovers, processing work orders, or remodeling a house, this workshop offers firsthand learning of the skills needed to drywall, texture, and paint like the professionals. Workshop participants will receive a detailed workbook that explains how to perform drywall maintenance and repair work, which will be theirs to keep for reference later on the job.
The workshop leader, who is enormously skilled in the Drywall and Texturing trades, has owned and operated a successful drywall business for more than 40 years. His down-to-earth teaching style and the individual attention that he pays to his workshop participants makes the “hands-on” learning experience easy AND a lot of fun! TSA certificates will be presented to everyone who attends this training.
SPECIAL NOTE: Due to the personalized nature of this workshop, we must limit attendance so please pre-register early to ensure your spot at this popular training session.
FIRST and SECOND Days, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, THIRD Day, 9:00 am – noon
- Explanation of the various types of drywall, mud, tape, and patching products
- Tools of the drywall trade
- Demolition and removal of damaged drywall
- Replacing and adding framing members prior to drywall repairs
- Installing new drywall and corner bead
- Measuring and cutting drywall for electrical boxes
- Taping and covering seams and corners
- Finishing (floating) and sanding the joint compound (drywall mud)
- Patching holes of various sizes
- Cleaning up the work site
- Explanation of the various texture patterns for walls and ceilings
- Methods of applying the texture
- Types of texture: knock down, “acoustical” (popcorn), orange peel
- How to “blend” a patch or repair
- Taping off the surrounding area, and clean up