This TSA a training workshop is designed for:
- Individuals who are responsible for overseeing or collecting the payment of rent
- Collections Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Occupancy Specialists
- Resident Relations Specialists
Rent collection is absolutely essential for the success of housing agencies. A critical indicator of effective housing management, and a major cause for management review findings is the inadequate collection of rent.
This workshop was developed to assist Housing Agency Staff to increase their collections while decreasing the frustrations that so often are associated with collections. Input for the training session came from the firsthand experiences of agency staff members throughout the country who are involved with rent collection.
The workshop includes time tested techniques that will make collecting payments easier, and beneficial collection policy and lease clauses. Discussion time for questions and answers from the workshop participants will be woven into the workshop so that participants can adapt what they learn to their real life circumstances. They will learn tested strategies and techniques that can increase collection percentages at their housing agencies. Prevention measures will be emphasized as a means of directly improving collections and reducing evictions. The workshop agenda will also cover the collection of Vacated Accounts, as well as practical tips from three exceptional books regarding debt collection problems. TSA certificates will be presented to everyone who attends.
FIRST DAY, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm:
- The importance and necessity of Collections
- How to prevent collection problems
- Screening and interviewing techniques designed to select responsible residents
- Setting and monitoring collection goals
- Methods that recognize and reinforce residents who make their monthly payments in full and on time
- Evaluating collection problems
- Late charges and payment dates related to collections
- Effective collection policy and lease clauses
- Building a strong case for an eviction
- Enforcing other collection policy and lease violation clauses
SECOND DAY, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm:
- What HUD-OIG Auditors and HUD Management reviewers look for during their reviews
- Tools to make collections easier (25 proven collection techniques)
- Collection tips from private property managers, collection agencies, and private businesses
- Understanding attitudes of residents about their rent payments
- Handling the problems and the excuses that residents use to postpone or avoid making payments
- Round Table discussions regarding Collection and Eviction Problems
Third day, 8:00 am – 11:00 am:
- Collection insights from books: What to Do When the Bill Collector Calls, Back Off!, Life After Debt and Collections Made Easy.
- Collecting Vacated Accounts
- Tips to reduce stress and burnout when collecting and evicting residents
To REGISTER for this workshop, select the date and location in the box below.
If you would like to have more information about holding this workshop in your area, please CONTACT US. Be sure to tell us in the message section which workshop(s) you are interested in.