This TSA workshop is designed for:
- Women in the workplace who hold leadership positions, or who are about to become supervisors
Based upon many years of observing office and department environments, and based upon suggestions from our workshop participants, TSA has designed this workshop to address the special challenges that women supervisors face in the workplace today.
This training seminar will include non-threatening (actually, fun!) interactive exercises and group activities. There will be numerous opportunities for participatory involvement aimed at actually practicing the principles and techniques being taught during the workshop.
The training session is all about the special challenges that women supervisors face in the workplace on a daily basis. The Agenda covers prejudice and discrimination, work relationships (male and female), confidence building, leadership strengths and weaknesses, communication skills, setting personal work related goals, plus, personal growth and being more successful in the workplace.
The end goal of this training session is to have participants take with them new insights and the important techniques that will help them work more effectively and comfortably in their workplaces. TSA certificates will be presented to everyone who attends.
NOTE: Due to the personalized nature of this workshop it must be limited, so if you wish to attend this training session, it is highly recommended that you pre-register early.
First and Second Days: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Looking back – with eyes and hearts to the future
- This segment explores historical, cultural, gender, and relational issues and how they continue to significantly impact women in their careers and workplace settings day-to-day
- Prejudice and discrimination: wage discrepancy, culture, race, gender, PMS, age-ism, weight, dress, and other issues
- Ten quick ways to sabotage male/female work relationships
- Women and “The need to please disease”. How to establish healthy respectful boundaries and become more self-empowered
- For the New Supervisor: Implementing “Steps to learn the Skill of Leadership,” or, “Don’t Let Them See You Sweat”
- Addressing the Strengths and Weaknesses of your current leadership style. Gathering new tools and making a commitment for positive change
- You set the Tone: Creating a model for success through the principles of immanent value, respect, responsibility for others, image projection, use of time, and decision making.
- Supervising women and interacting with female supervisors
- Supervising men and interacting with male supervisors
- Become a more competent, confident leader. Learn how to encourage, inspire and improve the quality of your work environment
- The power and skill of effective and honest communication. Setting respectful boundaries and offering clearly stated guidelines, plus understanding how the roles of staff are the primary key for successful leadership
- Creating both well-defined short and long term goals that you will be ready to implement upon the completion of this training session
- How to avoid “Burnout”. The absolute necessity for self-regard, self-nurturing, and self-care