Hours, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm:
- What’s in it for PHA staff members to provide excellent customer service to its customers
- It is essential that the staff members recognize the benefits of a customer service program for the customers (applicants, residents, and Section 8 participants), but especially for themselves, if they are going to be committed to making housing programs successful.
- Who are the customers of a PHA, and why are they considered customers ?
- It will be clarified not only why it is important to recognize who customers are, but why it is essential to understand that fellow citizens should be treated as customers.
- A PHA Customer Service Profile
- Public Housing Authorities are in the business of providing a variety of housing services to people who need them. A profile of what should be included in an effective customer service program at a PHA will be explained.
- Developing People-Oriented Attitudes
- One of the keys to providing excellent customer service is to cultivate staff members with customer-oriented attitudes. A thorough explanation will be made as to what those attitudes should be, and how to improve them.
- Telephone Procedures, Policies, And Courtesies
- One of the biggest complaints of customers is how they are treated on the phone, especially by governmental organizations. Proper telephone interactions will be covered.
- Successful Techniques For Interacting With Difficult People (applicants, residents, and the general public)
- Housing Authorities encounter difficult people on a daily basis. Practical, time-tested techniques that really work will be provided for interacting with demanding individuals.
- Interacting With Residents And Motivating Them
- Positive communication with residents is important. Motivate them to have pride in their homes and yards, as well as making their payments on time each month.
- Tips For Becoming (And Staying) Self-Motivated
- Once the staff members are committed to Customer Service, it is necessary for them to be motivated and committed on a daily basis. It is hard to stay focused on customer service, day-in and day-out. Tips will be provided on how to stay self-motivated every day.
- Group Discussion Regarding Customer Service
- Customer Service can be effective by making certain that the employees of a PHA feel that Customer Service is essential, and that they feel committed to providing it. The group discussion will focus on that important goal.